Jon Lester chooses Cubs six years 155M for lefty ace

Материалы Дэвида Уилкока
seestyle

Jon Lester chooses Cubs six years 155M for lefty ace

27 июл 2022, 11:16

Another big moment for Chicago at the winter meetings: Jon Lester has chosen the Cubs Blank Jersey .
Multiple reports say the free-agent left-hander agreed to a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday. Other reports said the deal also includes a vesting option for a seventh season that could push the total value to $170 million.
MORE: | | |
The club has not yet announced the agreement, but new manager Joe Maddon discu sed the signing after the news broke.
The contract's $25.8 million average annual value would be second among pitchers, behind only Clayton Kershaw's $30.7 million.
Lester's decision Tuesday came down to the Cubs and the Red Sox, the team that drafted and also traded him. Cubs president Theo Epstein was the Red Sox's general manager for much of Lester's time in Boston.Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com reported that the Red Sox's last offer was six years and $135 million.
days agothathe Kyle McGowin Jersey appreciated the Cubs' direct approach.
The thing I liked about em is it wasnt forced and wasnt a sales pitch, Lester said after his meeting with the Bryce Harper Jersey Cubs.It was like, This is what we can do. I dont want BS. I dont want show. I dont want glitz and glamour. I dont want to walk out to the field with your name and number on the JumboTron. Im not 18 anymore. I want you to tell me what you can do for me and my family.
New Cubs manager Joe Maddon told reporters, including the San Francisco Chronicle's Susan Slu ser, that Lester's ties to Epstein and other former Sox execs now in Chicago had to have played a role in the signing.
Maddon thinks Lester's familiarity with former folks Patrick Corbin Jersey in front office helped in getting deal done with Lester.
Susan Slu ser (@susanslu ser) ., all smiles. Who can blame him?
MLB (@MLB) Lester , telling the world champs he would not sign with them. Pa san reported San Francisco was willing to offermore than Chicago and Boston: up to seven years and close to $168 million. Giants general manager Brian Sabean denied making such an offer.
Brian Sabean of Giants denied his team offered 7/168m: Never got the chance to make our best offer, he said.
Gordon Edes (@GordonEdes) After Gio Gonzalez Jersey Lester turned down San Francisco,the Los Angeles Times' Dylan Hernandez reported the Dodgers were out on Wander Suero Jersey Lester, as well, though it wasn't clear if Lester told them or if the club withdrew.
The decision comes the same day the Cubs and thecro stownWhite Sox announced they had from the A's in a five-player trade. The White Sox also have agreed to a four-year, $46 million contract with former Yankees closer David Robertson.
Samardzija and Lester were A's for mostof the second half of last season after a pair of trades in July.

Вернуться в «Божественный космос Уилкока»